2016 IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications Conference
Prof Joe Dong and Mr George Maltabarow as President of EIE Foundation, co-chaired the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) that brought the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications Conference to Sydney.
The conference, attended by over 200 researchers and industry practitioners from all around the world, was held between 6th and 9th November 2016 at the Four-Point Sheraton. During the conference, attendees shared their expertise and research outcomes to leverage and develop Information and Communication technology for the intelligent electricity network that would bring about economic, environmental, and societal benefits.
The conference also benefited greatly from the Keynote addresses from world leading researchers in the Smartgrid Communications fields as well as expert industry partitioners.
- The Hon. Warwick L. Smith, AM, LLB, Chairman, New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory and Senior Managing Director of the Australia New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ Bank)
- Prof David Hill, Chair of Electrical Engineering in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Hong Kong. He is also a part-time Professor in the Centre for Future Energy Networks at The University of Sydney, Australia.
- Dr Ian Oppermann, CEO and Chief Data Scientist at NSW Data Analytics Centre
- Mr Adrian Clark, CEO, Landis&Gyr Australia and New Zealand
- Prof Branka Vucetic, Director, Centre of Excellence in Telecommunications, The University of Sydney, ARC Laureate Professor. IEEE Fellow and Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering
Please visit the Flash Photo Album of the event by clicking on any of the photos below.
Keynote Speakers Photo Album
The Galla Dinner for the Conference was held at the Great Hall of The University of Sydney. Please visit the photo gallery of the event.
The conference received assistance from academic leaders from around the world who worked as members of the LOC to ensure it was successfully held.
Technical Program Committee Chair
- Abbas Jamalipour, Professor, The University of Sydney, Australia
Technical Program Committee Symposium Co-Chairs
1. Communications, Networks and Architectures to Enable the Smart Grid
- Tomoaksi Ohtsuki, Keio University, Japan
- Jinhong Yuan, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Ren Ping Liu, CSIRO, Australia
- Nurul Sarkar, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
2. Cyber Security and Privacy for the Smart Grid
- Hamid Sharif, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
- Hsiao-Hwa Chen, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- YL Chung, National Taiwan Ocean University, Taiwan
3. Control and Operation for Smart Grids, Microgrids and Distributed Resources
- Kashem Muttaqi, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Zhao Xu, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR
- Junhua Zhao, Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
4. Data Management and Grid Analytics and Dynamic Pricing
- Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France
- Kumudu Munasinghe, University of Canberra, Australia
- Wen Hu, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Hamed Mohsenian-Rad, University of California, Riverside, USA
- Yonghui Li, Professor, The University of Sydney, Australia
- Jamil Khan, Associate Professor, The University of Newcastle, Australia
Keynote and Plenary Speaker Chair
- Z.Y. Dong, Professor, The University of Sydney, Australia
Technical Industry Panels Chair
- Ashok Manglick, CHC Associates